Osmo is a gaming company, creating products which expand the playing field and engage creative thinking and social interaction - changing the way we interact with our digital products.
We were hired to reimagine Osmo's Main Product Video introducing their inaugural product Osmo, a learning platform for the iPad. We were tasked with creating a video storyboard that would convert users better than the previous video.
As a group we outlined the storyboard as a whole. We then divided the video into three sections, each taking control of one section. I was in charge of frames 9 through 20 containing the games Numbers, Newton, and Masterpiece.
The client wanted us to implement three main improvements:
1. Feature all current products - Newton, Words, Tangram, Numbers, and Masterpiece
2. Evoke emotion in target audience (parents and grandparents) - move from awareness to desire in the AIDA model, answer the questions "Is this right for my child? How will we benefit from this?"
3. Instruct on how Osmo works - demonstrate user age range 5-13 yrs
Research current media on Osmo’s website:
- Research the current Osmo media to further understand the target audience for their products and align storyboard with Osmo’s vision
- Analyze our findings from their videos and design a storyboard concept for their new video
Validate & Iterate
- Present client with storyboard outlines for testing
Create Found Footage Storyboard
- Using the information revealed from user testing, we will make design recommendations and attempt to address them in the storyboard, using the Resistance Flow as a guide
Create Final Storyboard
- Revised prototype and specifications for Osmo
Storyboard Brainstorm and Product Testing
We created our storyboard with the following in mind:
Target audience for video: parents + grandparents
User Age Range: 5-13 yrs
Product Key Features:
NEWTON: Hardest for parents to understand; they like that any object will work with it, lowest retention
WORDS: Teaches spelling, different kinds of play for different ages, group play
TANGRAM: Highest retention, teaches spatial awareness
MASTERPIECE: Older audience, solo play, insta-buy
NUMBERS: solo play, insta-buy, Quote from teacher: “Kid learned more in 5 min than in an hour of lecture.”